Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The 80-year-old man in the funny little hat

Marsha Mundy, a columnist for the Georgetown News Democrat in Ohio, recently wrote about a comforting vision that God gave her in 1993:

My first grandson, David Jr., was about four months old...We received a call (one) morning from our son, David. They had taken David Jr. to the hospital because he was running a high fever. He was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and the situation didn't look good...I was praying for God to bring healing to David Jr.'s little body.

God gave me a vision that I will remember as long as I live. I saw in my mind, what was like a snapshot of an 80-year-old man, he was driving a car and had on a funny little hat. I knew that he was David Jr. and that I was being given a wonderful gift of seeing my grandson as an old man.

At that moment I knew that David Jr. was going to be fine. God gave me peace and assurance when I cried out to him.

David Jr. was in the hospital for two weeks, but he came through the ordeal just fine. He is a healthy, brilliant young man today and I am so grateful that God gave me that vision.


We never know how long we are going to live here on Earth, but in this instance we know that David Jr. is going to live to a ripe old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google