Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bono and his fathers

Many listeners hear the spiritual aspect in U2's music. In fact, there are some churches in the U.S. that play U2 songs during their worship.

In Bono, French author Michka Assayas writes about his conversations with Bono on many topics, including God. On page 29-30 of the book, Bono recounts a conversation that he had with his earthly father about his Heavenly Father:


Bono's father: 'Yeah, lots of people are Catholic. It was a one-way conversation [with God]...You seem to hear something back from the silence!'

Bono: 'That's true, I do.'

Bono's father: 'How do you feel it?'

Bono: 'I hear it in some sort of instinctive way, I feel a response to a prayer, or I feel led in a direction. Or if I'm studying the Scriptures, they become alive in an odd way, and they make sense to the moment I'm in, they're no longer a historical document.' He was mind-blown by this.


Bono's faith has helped the band to connect to people on so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google