Tuesday, September 25, 2007

God finds a home for a Chinese orphan girl

Little Rachel was an orphan in the Anhui Province in China -- until she was adopted by Kim and Lyle Ormsby of central Illinois when she was 3. How did Rachel make the journey from China to the United States? God had something to do with it, as mentioned in an article from the Herald & Review newspaper in Illinois:

'We had been married for over 10 years, and we didn't really think we wanted to have children,' Ormsby said. 'Then, I saw a picture of a little Chinese girl in a magazine and I just felt like God spoke to my heart.

'I remember being very emotional and very touched by the whole thing. I just felt like this was what we were supposed to do.

'I told my husband about it a couple of days later and he said, 'Well, I figured if we would ever have children we would adopt, but China? Are you sure?'

'But we prayed about it for a couple of weeks, and it turned out to be a pretty easy decision for us. We didn't have to choose a country. We just knew that it was what we wanted.'

The Ormsbys are part of a group in central Illinois, Forever Families of Asian Children, designed to share insights and provide an opportunity for their adopted kids to interact and learn about their heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google