Monday, September 10, 2007

God spoke to me, part I


Twice in my life God has audibly spoken to me, and it is the most amazing feeling. The first time was in 1999. I decided to go on a weekend retreat at Pacem in Terris in St. Francis, Minn. On the Friday as I was checking in, my host said that I would encounter God at some point in the weekend. "Cool," I thought, but I wasn't quite sure.


I relaxed. I slept. I enjoyed the silence and the Word. Then on the second day, as I was looking out the big window at the woods, all of a sudden a voice came upon the wind.


"I love you, Brant," said the deep, clear voice. Amazing. What was that? I wanted to hear more. It was an ethereal sound, and it clearly was God. I wept. For the longest time in my life I had not felt loved. Now here was the Lord, the ultimate parent, telling me that He loved me.


I longed to hear His voice again that weekend, but that was all He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google