Tuesday, September 11, 2007

God spoke to me, part II

The second time that I audibly heard God's voice was in early 2000. I had been working at a company for nine years and realized that it was time to move on from there in order to further my career. I had interviewed with a company in Des Moines and was interested in the prospect of moving there, since I went to school for a couple of years at Drake University.

At the time I was attending Church of the Open Door, and I was worshipping at one of their Wednesday night services. Suddenly, right during the middle of a song, I heard that deep, clear voice again. "I have a job for you," the voice said. Again it distinctively was God.

I thought, "Super! I'm going to get an offer regarding the job in Des Moines!" Of course, I wanted to hear more from Him, but my first experience told me that He only speaks in short phrases.

The next day I received a call from the company in Des Moines. "Brant, we thought that you brought a lot to the table, and we appreciated you coming down here to interview for the position. We have decided to go with someone else who had more experience."

"OK, thanks," I replied.

What was that about? I thought that He just told me that He had a job for me!

I also had interviewed with a company in Bloomington. The following day they called and gave me an offer -- and that's where I went to work.

I interpreted God's telling me that He had a job for me on a couple of different levels. First of all, He gave me the next job that would further my career. But on a bigger scale, I believe that He was telling me that He has a job for me for my entire life as a way to further His Kingdom. I'm still trying to figure out what that is. . .maybe He will audibly speak to me again. . .I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google