Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Understanding the heart of the warrior

I am about to embark on a journey that has me fearful. I have joined a men's group that will be going through a curriculum developed by Dr. Greg Bourgond called "The Heart of a Warrior."

The purpose of "The Heart of a Warrior" is "to help men live lives of integrity and honor under the authority of God." This transformational group has a one-year commitment.

In addition to reading "The Heart of a Warrior" manual written by Dr. Greg Bourgond, we also are required to read Victory over the Darkness by Neil T. Anderson. Victory over the Darkness is a book that explains and reaffirms who we are in Christ -- sounds like an interesting read.

Change scares me, and I'm nervous about what I'm going to need to change in my life as I go through this program. But I know that I want to do God's will, and I want to live like Jesus Christ did, so I'm diving in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google