Sunday, September 23, 2007

We are the ones who walk away from God

As he tells on page 356 of Bono, the U2 lead singer starts each morning by reaching out to God:

When I wake up in the morning, I sort of put my hand out -- spiritually -- and I reach for what you might call God. Sometimes I don't feel God, and I feel lonely. I feel on my own, and I wonder where God is. And then [pause] -- again, I don't want to be melodramatic about this -- I ask God: 'Where have You gone?' God usually replies in a way that it hard to describe: 'I haven't gone anywhere. [laughs] Where have you gone? I haven't moved.' Then I have to check, and I realize that I have somewhere sold myself out. It usually happens incrementally, in tiny steps.

We are the ones who wander from God. . .we must keep our bearings by drawing close to Him again -- each and every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google