Saturday, September 29, 2007

We must never give up the fight

I firmly believe that we are in the midst of a spiritual battle, and that spiritual warfare exists. Satan is waiting in the wings, ready to jump into our lives and cause problems. I find that whenever I get closer to God, my wife or my family, Satan makes his presence known.

It happened just yesterday. In the morning and during the day, my wife and I were feeling closer to each other than we had in a long time -- we felt like the best of friends. But when I came home from work, we got in a terrible fight and said some very nasty things to each other. She blamed me, I blamed her, but I know that it was Satan jumping in and trying to break up our family.

In desperation, I said, "OK, Satan -- you win!"

I can't believe that I said that. I have been reading the book of Job lately, and I have tremendous respect for Job. After all that he went through, he never gave up on God. But for me, just one little challenge, and I gave up.

As men, we must never give up the fight in this spiritual battle. It is up to us to defend our families from the forces of darkness. We must keep our families together and use God's force in the battle. We must never let Satan win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google