Thursday, October 4, 2007

God guides my career

Near the end of my high school years, my dad was laid off from his job in the corporate real estate department of a national bookseller. I knew that he had worked very hard at his job, but he was out due to budget cuts. That really scared me -- it showed me that other people can be in control of your career.

Well, God knows my fears about job cuts and layoffs. As a result, I put my faith in Him, and He has been faithful in guiding my career. Take a look at His faithfulness:
  • After working for nine years at a music retailer, I got the feeling that it was time to move on. He provided a job for me at another firm. About nine months later (in late 2000), the music retailer that I worked for was acquired by a Fortune 500 retail company, and many layoffs ensued.
  • I worked at the other firm for two years, from 2000-2002. Layoffs hit that firm because of the recession. I survived three rounds of layoffs, and then God provided me with a job at a legal services company.
  • My job at the legal services company lasted three years. For most of that time, I had a boss who was a nightmare -- one of those "bully bosses". My former supervisor at the firm that I worked at from 2000-2002 had moved on to a financial services organization. He called to see if I was interested in a position at his workplace. I was -- and I have worked for that financial services organization since 2005.

I have had tremendous faith in God with my career. He has helped me to survive nasty acquistions, layoffs and a bully boss. I am so thankful for His faithfulness and will enjoy seeing the doors that He opens for me in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google