Saturday, October 13, 2007

God sobers up a rocker through his son

From the Toledo Blade: Toledo-based rocker Johnny Cappelletty was in a band (Damien) that had videos on MTV and two albums that sold worldwide, but he didn't have God. Until his son said something when Cappelletty ran a red light:

Mr. Cappelletty said his wife had left him and he was driving through Toledo with J.P. [his 8-year-old son] when he ran a red light at Lewis Avenue and Alexis Road.

His son looked up and said, 'Dad, what would ever happen if you went away like Mom?'

'I knew what he was saying — what if I got locked up?' Mr. Cappelletty said. 'God spoke to me through my son. An 8-year-old kid could see the way I was living and I couldn’t see it. That was Oct. 6, 2002, and I’ve been sober ever since.'

About two years into his sobriety, Mr. Cappelletty began looking for a church.

Cappelletty found a church called CedarCreek and in Dec. 2005 formed the Christian rock band Keys2Eden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google