Thursday, January 3, 2008

From politics to the pulpit

When Jack King retired after serving a 2 1/2-year term as the mayor of Festus, Mo., he planned to build his dream house. He also was going on his fourth mission trip to Africa, and it was there that God told King of other plans:
'While we were in Africa this time, God spoke to me in a very clear and understandable voice and told me exactly what I ought to be doing,' King said...

King said he had heard the same voice shortly before he and his wife left on the trip, 'and it just scared me to death. But the second time (while in Africa) it didn't scare me. I knew that God was calling me to preach.'
King next obtained his master of divinity degree and started a congregation called the Good News Community Church (St. Louis Post-Dispatch).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google