Monday, January 28, 2008

A leap forward

Wow. The "advance" for my Heart of a Warrior group this past weekend was extraordinary. Dr. Greg Bourgond, who developed the Heart of a Warrior curriculum, joined us Saturday to speak on gaining a grasp of God's word. He went through with us in detail how to study scripture. We looked at John 15:1-8 in depth all day. I don't think that I had analyzed a section of the Bible so in depth before!

It was great to get to know the other guys in my group better and to know Dr. Bourgond personally. He really has a heart for men and is extremely perceptive.

The high point for the weekend took place on Sunday morning. A group of us went through every room in the two lake homes, and I shared with the guys my memories of each room. Then we prayed over each room. God definitely was present, and I felt a release from the chains of my stepdad into the arms of God.

I'm looking forward to creating many more positive memories up at their lake home.

3 comments:

  1. You are on the way to becoming a man after God's heart. I hope you felt the beginning of being released from the past in terms of its hold. It is a journey. Your identity is in Christ. You have a good heart and an opportunity to break the chains. You are already doing so...blessings on you fellow warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure to be with you this weekend. I am delighted the men rallied around you. I hope you feel affirmed. You are on the way to becoming a man after God's heart. Strength and honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Bourgond,

    Thank you for your kind comments. Having the guys pray for me and each room in both of the lake homes probably is my best memory ever up there. It was really great to create new positive memories.

    Strength and honor!

    ReplyDelete

Google