Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Learning how to hear the voice of God

In my Focus of a Warrior men's group, we currently are reading a book called "Starting Well: Building a Strong Foundation for a Lifetime of Ministry."

There's an entire chapter on hearing and obeying the voice of God. The authors outline on pp.87-92 six basic steps in learning how to hear the voice of God:
  1. We need to want to hear the voice of God.
  2. We need to get to know Christ through the reading and studying of the word of God.
  3. Consistently obey the clear teaching of the Bible.
  4. Learn to meditate on the word of God.
  5. Learn to discern the Spirit.
  6. We need to step out in faith when we are reasonably sure that we have heard from God.

It can be tough for me to step out in faith, yet I find that when I do, my world gets reconciled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google