Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Everything is spiritual

As I am going through phase three of The Ultimate Journey/Christ-Life Solution, I was reminded of a key principle: everything is spiritual.

During this past week, our assignment was to keep track of how we spent our time. Since I have worked for public relations firms, I have experience with documenting how I spend my time.

When our class was reviewing our time sheets, I noticed that I spent a lot of my time applying for jobs and being with my wife and son. My only "religious" times were reading the Bible for a bit each morning, attending church and doing my Christ-Life Solution homework. When I mentioned that to the group, a classmate reminded me that everything is spiritual.

What an excellent reminder! Every aspect of how I go about my day and how I interact with people is God living through me. It's really easy to feel guilty for not spending enough "religious" time; remember that everything is spiritual as you go about your day.

2 comments:

  1. I could swear that I've heard that phrase somewhere before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll notice that I linked that phrase in the post to Rob Bell's DVD.

    It was amazing -- I was feeling really guilty for not having enough "religious" time. I'm glad that my classmate shook me out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Google