Monday, October 25, 2010

Letting God speak through you

Sometimes when people pray, I am in awe of how heartfelt and specific their words are to my situation. What's their secret? It's not them -- it's God. I get a little nervous when I'm praying with people. I'm not sure if my words will be applicable to their situation.

Jonathan Payne, a senior at Jackson Christian School, also felt nervous about praying with people on a recent mission trip to Kenya, according to an article in The Jackson Sun:
[Payne] spent 13 days in Kenya, where he spoke to children about AIDS and making healthy choices.


Payne said he was nervous about speaking to the students.


'It was a God thing,' he said. 'I wanted to say the right thing. I'd been praying, 'God give the right words,' and I believe God spoke through me. It was a humbling experience.'

I pray that God will give everyone the right words in their interactions today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google