Monday, December 20, 2010

Don't give up hope.

There's a very moving column by Pastor Lynn Walker that ran in The Express-Star. In the column, Walker tells the story of a time in 1992 when he wanted to commit suicide and was running from a broken marriage and everything in life:
I fumbled around under the seat and finally got my hand on my daddy’s old Smith & Wesson snub nose .38 Special. I pulled the hammer back and stuck the barrel up against my temple. Just as I started to pull the trigger, something very strange happened. All of a sudden I felt like someone was pouring a bucket of warm water over my head, and that feeling went all over my body. Then God took his turn to speak to my heart. In a voice that was so real, I could almost swear it was audible; God spoke so clearly to me in just a few sweet words. All He said was, “YOU’RE GOING TO BE OK”. That’s all. He didn’t tell me how or why or when. Just that I was going to be “OK”. That’s all I needed. I was at the end of my rope and thank God I found the knot that kept the rope from slipping through my hands. That knot was the Love of Jesus Christ and He gave me everything that I needed. HOPE.
No matter what is going on in your life, God can give you hope. Whether it's unemployment, divorce or anything else, turn to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google