Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Finally

Have you read "Beautiful Outlaw" by John Eldredge yet? It's an excellent book that reminds us of how bold, generous and humble Jesus was.

Eldredge recently shared in a letter how Jesus spoke to him about the launch of "Beautiful Outlaw" finally arriving:
In fact, 'Finally' is what Jesus said to me, in January, as I was praying about this beautiful book. I was asking Jesus for 'advance words,' words to guide me through the writing and through the launch of this fantastic message. I expected to hear things like, 'I am with you,' or, 'Lift up my holy name,' that sort of thing. Instead, Jesus says, 'Finally.' It cracks me up. I love his sense of humor. There was also a gentle rebuke in the word, because this should have happened a long time ago.
Eldredge mentioned in the Ransomed Heart podcast that his previous publisher did not want to publish a book about Jesus, saying that there wasn't enough appeal and interest. I'm glad that his new publisher understood that this new perspective on Jesus needed to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google