Saturday, October 6, 2012

The voice of God

the voice of God
At the recent Wild at Heart Boot Camp that I attended, the times of silence in solitude were as powerful as the sessions shared with other men.

During one of times of silence, we were encouraged to listen for God's voice as we asked Him two specific questions. It was dark. I journeyed into the forest and asked.

God, what do you think of me? I love you and you're special.
Father, do you have a name for me? Brave One.

"Brave One?" I have never thought of myself as brave. But if my Father thinks that I'm good enough and I have what it takes, perhaps I am brave.

The next day, we were encouraged to ask God a question about our future path. After all, God reveals our path step by step.

This time it was daylight. I journeyed into the forest and asked.

God, what is next for me? Fathering.

Now, I'm not expecting any more kids. But I do have one child -- an 11-year-old son, and I know that the father-son relationship is very important. I need to be pouring more into his life. Masculinity validates masculinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google